Thursday, May 29, 2008

7 Days 'till Emeryville

Gee golly wiz! The blood sweat and tears have paid off!



One week from today I'll be flying out to join the folks at Pixar Animation Studios for an internship in Character Animation! I am both humbled and absolutely thrilled to have been selected for this! To work with the masters at Pixar has been a personal goal I have aspired to from the moment I feel head over heals in love with character animation.

Respecting the wishes of Pixar, I will not be updating my blog during my employment. If any friends out there plan on being in the Bay Area at all this summer give me a ring and lets try to catch lunch. !

Have a great summer everyone!

14 comments:

Wouter said...

waw! i envy you sooooo much!!! :D
i'm so very happy for you

where did you study animation?


keep us up to date about your experiences!

cheers
Wally

R.Show said...

Congratulations, Cat!

Mokuu said...

Keep it up Cat, hope you wont be too busy : D

Dan said...

Congrats, and good luck

Betsy Bauer said...

Major congrats!

Uri said...

Wow this is just amazing news cat, Congarts and I can´t wait to hear your expriences next fall! :)

Kendra Melton said...

thats a great honor. be sure to kill it!

Leo Matsuda said...

Hey Cat! Great animation in your test below. I really love the poses and the timing. I can't wait to see more!!!
-leo

Lindsay said...

Hey Cat! Glad to see Pixar keeping the tradition of throwing in a Ringling girl! Congratulations and if you need anything... advice... whatevas feel free to email me! vandergalien@gmail.com

-Lindsay

p.s. just be glad they let us take our prison jump suits with us! You could be sporting those... daily. Have fun with the golf clubs!... and beware... Andrew will steal them from you guys at some point.

Drobile said...

Man, Wall-E was am-freakin-mazing. Congrats!

Wayne Parker said...

Woah - Not too suprised tho, your talent and skill are amazing. Okay ass pat over with ;) Inpired to animate now.

Erik Benson said...

Ha! Found you back!

Bitmapbox said...

Wow That is great I wish i had the chance to do that

Willie said...

I am kinda getting into animation a little later than some folks (not much) but hopefully after I get through Animation Mentor, I will get the opportunity to get an internship with Pixar. It is my dream to work for them...that would be amazing.

So, I see this is from 2008, did you get a job with Pixar after the internship? Keep up the great work Cat, hopefully one of these days I'll be working with you and the gang. :)